The London Dinghy Show is on the 1 and 2nd of March 2014 at Alexandra Palace. We are looking for volunteers to help organize and run the stand. So I am looking for all those willing (there were many who made statements of interest for this year's show)
Email me at Secretary@britishmoth.co.uk for details or PM me on this board
having been involved in setting up the Dinghy Show in other years, I have put this together
Jobs for the Dinghy Show - 1 and 2 March 2014.
Prior to the Show
1. Register our interest (Ian Edwards)
2. Liaise with Ted Deacon or the rep of another 2-hander class (so we are not competing for members) the possibility of sharing stand (Vagos/Toppers/Tasars).
2.1 Decide on size of stand, rental from Event Organisers of stand panels, carpet. 2.2 Decide who is going to be responsible for completion of the online Event Organiser registration forms and compliance forms. 2.2.1 We have a Health & Safety Statement but this may need updating to include other Class. 2.3 Decide which class is paying the RYA, and which class is refunding the other. 2.4 Decide about number of boats on stand.
3. GRAHAM HAS OFFERED TO TAKE THE STAND TO ALLY PALLY ON FRIDAY 28 FEBRUARY TO SET UP SO (3) IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY (THANK YOU GRAHAM) Collect (This requires, in my experience an estate car) from Graham Pope’s premises (3 Laundry Cottages, Martin Hussingtree, Worcs) the:-
3.1 Boat cradle/display stand which comprises 2 x 5’ panels and 2 x 3’panels 3.2 the Banner (unless someone else now has this. 3.3 the laminated photographs 3.4 the BMBA Polo shirts for exhibitors to wear over the weekend. 3.5 Arrange to store (inside dry premises) these items until Friday 28 February 2014.
4. Select and arrange for new A3 size photos to be printed and laminated to update the stand. Provide the sticky backing or some other fixing to enable them to be displayed.
5. Collate and print dates of fixtures, builder’s lists, website information.
6. Arrange for a Moth to be delivered to the Show Friday afternoon and collected Sunday evening.
7. Take delivery of the Setup/Tear Down passes/Parking Pass/Exhibitor passes and distribute.
FRIDAY 28 February
1. Arrange delivery of the Stand materials (3 -4-5 above) and the boat on Friday afternoon to Alexander Palace. 1.1 Unload cars, carry to designated stand and set up. 1.2 Rig the boat. 1.3 Remove road trailer to the secure car park.
Saturday 1 March 1. Make sure there are exhibitors on the stand at the correct time (9:00am I think) 2. Make sure the stand is never left unattended throughout the day. 3. Comply with any requests from the RYA/Event organiser.
Sunday 2 March 1. As above. 2. Not earlier than 5.00pm or when allowed by Event Organiser, de-rig the boat, dismantle the stand take to the car park. 3. Take home AND STORE IN A SECURE DRY LOCATION UNTIL 2015/16 all of the stand material (This requires, in my experience an estate car).
There will be a sign up sheet available at the Nationals for people to commit to the various task AND if the 'Take home and Store' point is not committed to, we won't go.
Apologies all ... I won't be able to make it to the show this year - I'm currently abroad on business (Sofia and Vienna). I wanted to attend to at least help man the stand for a half day or day ... but work is dragging me all over the place at present. I hope all goes well.
"As cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning"